Friday, February 9, 2007

More Things That Bother me

Subscription Cards - I subscribe to your magazine. I'm attempting to read an article, when every five seconds, the magazine pops open to some page that has a half-inch subscription card stapled to it. Why?
I fail to see the reason behind this. Do publishers think I'm going to subscribe to their magazine twice? Is this a benevolent attempt to offer customers in hotter climates an improvisational hand fan? Why waste the paper, and inspire my (admittedly petty) ire?
Seriously, you show me a magazine that prints subscription card-free issues for their subscribers, and I will subscribe (I'm going to contact Guinness, because I'm pretty sure that I've set a record for using different tenses of 'subscribe' in a sentence). Seriously. Even if its Dog Fashion Monthly.

No comments: